WATCH & PRAY
he Advent Gospel this weekend features on the dual arrival of Christ: His birth which we celebrate every Christmas; and his Second Coming at some time in the future. By being prepared for one we are then prepared for the other; our encounter with Him at death. One good way to prepare is by more prayer. Can you spend some time with the Lord at the Adoration Chapel – a time of peace and quiet.
HANDY TIPS ON PRAYER – “Five Finger Prayer“
1. YOUR THUMB is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is a worthy duty.
2. NEXT FINGER is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
3. NEXT FINGER is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the prime minister, leaders in business, industry and commerce. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God’s guidance.
4. FOURTH FINGER is our ring finger. It is the weakest finger as any pianist will tell you. It reminds us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or pain. They need our prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.
5. LITTLE FINGER is the smallest of all. It refers to us who ought to be the least important: ‘The last shall be first…’ By the time you have prayed for the others your own needs will be put into better perspective and your prayers will be more effective and realistic.
Contributions / Collections
1st – Priest: Hume BSB 640000 Acc: 111031654 Name: Holy Spirit Presbytery
2nd- Parish: Hume BSB 640000 Acc: 111056699 Name: Holy Spirit Parish