THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT
KEEP HOLY GOD’S TEMPLE
God’s house is a house of prayer !
Reverence is a virtue that we owe to God and holy things, persons and places. In fact, we are obliged by the Second Commandment to be respectful towards God.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church says:
2144 Respect for his name is an expression of the respect owed to the mystery of God himself and to the whole sacred reality it evokes.
2146 The second commandment forbids the abuse of God’s name, i.e., every improper use of the names of God, Jesus Christ, but also of the Virgin Mary and all the saints.
2120 Sacrilege consists in profaning or treating unworthily the sacraments and other liturgical actions, as well as persons, things or places consecrated to God. Sacrilege is a grave sin when committed against the Eucharist.
10 REASONS WHY I NEVER GO TO MASS
Excuses from those who do not go to Mass are likened to matters of hygiene.
- I was made to wash as a child.
- People who wash are hypocrites. They reckon they are cleaner than other people.
- There are so many different kinds of soap, I could never decide which one was right.
- I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
- I still wash on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
- None of my friends wash.
- I am still young. When I am older and have got a bit dirtier I might start washing.
- I really don’t have the time.
- The bathroom is never warm enough.
- People who make soap are only after your money